UT Health San Antonio is committed to increase awareness of safe and sound technology practices for all University personnel. The new Annual Security Awareness Training (ASAT) is an interactive 30-minute course for faculty and staff with engaging exercises, fun videos, and a short assessment. Avoid non-compliance by following the instructions below to complete this year's annual security awareness training.
The Handbook of Operating Procedures requires annual training for all personnel on Information Security topics in compliance with various Federal and State regulations and UT system policies. If you have any questions, please contact Information Security at InfoSec@uthscsa.edu.
Access the Annual Security Awareness Training
Sign in to Skillport
Step 1: Open a web browser and navigate to https://utsystem.skillport.com/
The training can be viewed on desktop computers, laptops, and tablets with browsers that include, but are not limited to, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
Note: If you are experiencing a long lag time for the training to load, please try a different browser.
Step 2: In the dropdown list, choose "The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio" as shown in Fig. 1.
- Click Select and leave the default setting to "Remember for Session" as shown in Fig. 2.
Step 3: Next, you will see the University's Shibboleth authentication page (Fig. 3). Enter your UT Health San Antonio credentials for "User name" and "Password" and click Log in.
Step 4: Finally, you will see the page requesting your agreement for "Information to be Provided to Service" (Fig. 4). Click Accept.
If you are experiencing issues with logging in, review more options in the section "Having Trouble Logging in?" by clicking here.
Accessing the Training Course in Skillport
View and manage your assignments by clicking Learning Plan located in the top header of the page (Fig. 5).
There may be two sections in your learning plan as shown in Fig. 6:
- Assigned Learning contains content your manager or training administrator has assigned to you. Development Plans are also found there.
Note: This section only displays if content is assigned.
- Personal Learning contains content you have saved for completion, as well as any bookmarks in the Library you may have created.
Note: If you cannot locate the ASAT course in your Learning Plan, you can easily search for it in the Skillsoft library by following the steps in the section "How to find the ASAT course in the Skillsoft Library" by clicking here.
Starting the Training
Enable audio on your device.
You can start training in two ways as shown in Fig. 7:
- Hover over the title "Part 1: Threats to Your Computer" to access the list of modules. Start with "Introduction" and proceed through the course.
- You can also click "Start" at the bottom right corner of the page to start training.
- Optional: For additional instructions on how to use the program before you start training, click on "How to use this course".
Note: As you finish each module, you will notice the module title will change to a white font color, which indicates you can return to that module at any time to reference or review the content.
Tips on slide navigation
Once you start a course module, pay close attention to the slide requirements in blue-typed font that must be completed before the "Next" button becomes available. For examples, see Fig. 8 - Fig. 10.
In the example below (Fig. 9), the exercise must be completed before you can proceed to the next slide (Fig. 10).
An "Activity Complete" message confirms the completion of the exercise before the "Next" button becomes available to click, as shown in Fig. 11.
Check out the course Resources (Fig. 12) for Helpful Tips to further your learning and Important Contacts for technical support or assistance to help answer questions. (Fig. 13)
There will be an assessment with 10 quiz questions at the end of the training course. You will receive credit for completing this course when you score 80% or better.
If you do not pass with 80% or above, you can retake the assessment by clicking on the "Home" or Menu icon at the bottom right corner of the screen as shown in Fig. 14.
The program may recommend modules to review after each incorrect question in the assessment. The full module list can be accessed by clicking on the "Home" or menu icon at the bottom right corner of the screen as shown in Fig. 15.
Printing the Certificate
You will have the option to print your certificate of completion by following these steps.
Step 1: Click on Learning Transcript under "Quick Links" on the left side of the Home Page; see Fig. 16.
Step2: You will see a list of your courses inside "Learning Transcript". Find the "Annual Security Awareness Training (ASAT)" course and click on Actions; see Fig. 17. Click on View Certificate in the dropdown menu (Fig. 18).
Step3: A new window will pop up showing your certificate of completion. Click the Print icon (Fig. 19) at the top right-hand corner and choose the appropriate printer settings to print your certificate.
Logging out and coming back to finish the training
If you do not have time to finish the training in one sitting, you can log out and log back in at a later time to continue. Simply close the course page (Fig. 20).
Log out of the Learning Zone by clicking the user icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Learning Zone main page (Fig. 21) ...
... and clicking Log Out in the user information pull-down menu (Fig. 22).
The next time you log in and return to the training module, click “last page visited” in the lower right-hand corner of the module main page (Fig 23) to return to where you left off.
How to find the ASAT course in the Skillsoft Library
If you cannot locate the ASAT course in your Learning Plan, you can find it in the Skillsoft library by following these steps (Fig. 24):
- Type "asat" in the search box at the top right corner and press Enter
- Click the Custom tab in the Search Results
- Locate "UTHSA Annual Security Awareness Training (ASAT)" and click Launch to start the training
Having Trouble Logging in?
Here are some additional options to log into the course if you've encountered these scenarios:
- I clicked the wrong school.
- If you accidentally chose another institution that was not "The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio" please follow the instructions to clear or refresh your cache or choose a new web browser that you haven’t used to log into the training. When you've completed this, please follow the instructions in Step 1.
- I keep getting the wrong login page.
- I don't remember my password.
- Resetting your password can be achieved in a few simple steps. To reset your password, please follow the password reset instructions.
- I am an employee but I don't have a UTHSCSA email address or username.
- If you don't have a UTHSCSA email address or username please contact Infosec's Governance, Risk and Compliance team (GRC) at GRC@uthscsa.edu. They will contact you with more information about how to log in and access the training course on the Skillport system.
If you have questions or would like additional assistance with the online training, please contact the Service Desk at 210-567-7777.